Balustrades sentence example
- Marble terraces and balustrades surround the tank, and a marble causeway leads across the water to the temple, whose gilded walls, roof, dome and cupolas, with vivid touches of red curtains, are reflected in the still water.
- Sculptured slabs form balustrades to the steps leading up to the temple, and its exterior is ornamented with figures in stucco, the outer faces of the four pillars in front having life-size figures of women with children in their arms. The small Temple of Beau Relief stands on a narrow ledge of rock against the steep slope of the mountain.
- Of the more conventional side of Late Minoan life a graphic illustration is supplied by the remains of miniature wall paintings found in the palace of Cnossus, showing groups of court ladies in curiously modern costumes, seated on the terraces and balustrades of a sanctuary.
- Round its top run balustrades formed of Gothic letters, which read as part of the Magnificat.
- Everywhere - on the balustrades closing the chapels, round the base of the pilasters, along the walls, beneath the cornice of both the exterior and the interior of the church - there is one ornament that is perpetually repeated, the interwoven initials of Sigismondo and Isotta.Advertisement
- The stairs may also have balustrades or gaps between the steps into which little children can get arms, legs or heads stuck.
- Queens Avenue bridge has modest ornate iron balustrades, military museums are situated in both directions from the avenue.
- Stainless steel balustrades on the upper walkway prevent objects being thrown or falling onto the track below.
- Hard landscaping details such as steps, balustrades, pond copings, statuary and urns should be conserved.