Baltic-sea sentence example
- One result of this limit, marked out by Nature herself, is that the waters which flow down the northern slope of the Alps find their way either into the North Sea through the Rhine, or into the Black Sea by means of the Danube, not a drop reaching the Baltic Sea.
- Mecklenburg lies wholly within the great North-European plain, and its flat surface is interrupted only by one raiIge of low hills, intersecting the country from south-east to north-west, and forming the watershed between the Baltic Sea and the Elba.
- It touches at its south-eastern extremity the government of St Petersburg, includes the northern half of Lake Ladoga, and is separated from the Russian governments of Arkhangelsk and Olonets by a sinuous line which follows, roughly speaking, the water-parting between the rivers flowing into the Baltic Sea and the White Sea.
- By means of the Dnieper-Bug (King's) canal, and the Berezina and Oginski canals, this river has a sort of water connexion with the Baltic Sea.
- They all flow north-westwards and discharge into the Baltic Sea.Advertisement
- Three times the size of Europe, it spanned the Eurasian landmass from the Baltic Sea to the Pacific Ocean.
- Our speaker is an experienced, intrepid navigator who has sailed his boat through the Baltic sea to enter the Russian system.
- Northern European Cruises: These cruises take you through ports in Denmark, Sweden, St. Petersburg, Russia, the Baltic Sea and Norway.