Ballista sentence example
- They had large war machine like catapults called ballista that fired arrows and a sort of giant catapult that fired massive pieces of rock.
- ballista bolt lodged in his spine.
- ballista balls.
- The bolt would probably have been fired by artillery such as a ballista, which was a type of large crossbow.
- The Romans adopted these weapons during the Punic Wars and further developed them, before introducing the new arrow-firing ballista and stone-throwing onager.Advertisement
- The Medieval Catapults used during the Middle Ages were the Mangonel, the ballista and the mighty trebuchet.
- The Persian armies advanced into Cappadocia; but here Ballista or Balista (d.
- long by I broad, the Ballista Islets, and farther north the three famous Chincha Islands, whose vast guano deposits are now exhausted.
- (who was certainly an able general) by Ballista and Odenathus of Palmyra, or the later victories of Carus, J ulian and others, demonstrated how far the Persians were from being on an equality with the Romans.
- A great feature is that new combos and actions are displayed during the action of the game at the appropriate time (such as how to use a ballista).Advertisement