Ball-bearings sentence example
- Worm wheel gearing is of very high efficiency if made very quick in pitch, with properly formed teeth perfectly lubricated, and with the end thrust of the worm taken on ball bearings.
- 8 the ball bearings are shown unscrewed from the body of the log, with eye, cap and spindle.
- This reel features 6 ball bearings and a baitrunner type system.
- Blind Cricket is played with a size three football containing ball bearings.
- Some CPU cooling fans can cost as much at 7.00 is they have ball bearings and thermal sensors.Advertisement
- This African hardwood sinks in water and is so hard they used to make ball bearings with it.
- Wheels, rear axle and pedals all run on sealed ball bearings.
- The model consists of many small ball bearings trapped in a single layer between two transparent plates.
- With four high quality ball bearings the Daiwa Emblem Spod is truly a tough and smooth performer.
- Cutting head runs on precision ball bearings for smooth operation.Advertisement
- After the war, the bells were cleaned, tuned and re-hung with new gudgeons and ball bearings.
- New gudgeons and ball bearings were fitted to the other five cast iron headstocks.
- There are many other important points of crane construction too numerous to mention here, but it may be said generally that the advent of electricity has tended to increase speeds, and in consequence great attention is paid to all details that reduce friction and wear, such as roller and ball bearings and improved methods of lubrication; and, as in all other quick-running machinery, great stress has to be laid on accuracy of workmanship. The machinery, thus being of a higher class, requires more protection, and cranes that work in the open are now fitted with elaborate crane-houses or cabins, furnished with weather-tight doors and windows, and more care is taken to provide proper platforms, hand-rails and ladders of access, and also guards for the revolving parts of gearing.
- - Ball Bearings affect the correctness.
- The earliest experiments of this nature are due to Benjamin Robins in 1743 and Count Rumford in 1792; and their method has been revived by Dr Kellner, War Department chemist, who 5 employed the steel spheres of bicycle ball-bearings as safetyvalves, loaded to register the pressure at which the powdergas will blow off, and thereby check the indications of the crusher-gauge (Proc. R.S., March 1895).Advertisement
- The countershaft pulley shaft was fitted with self-aligning ball bearings and provision was made to allow individual adjustment of each belt run.
- The stick skittered away from me, like ball bearings poured on to a sheet of steel.
- On upright luggage (which most is these days) the better wheels have sealed ball bearings and are the same wheels used on in-line skates.