Baldric sentence example
- A considerable length of the toga was allowed to hang from the left shoulder; the remainder was passed round the body so as to rise like a baldric (balteus) from the right hip to the left shoulder, being folded over in front (the fold was called sinus), then brought round the back of the neck so that the end fell over the right shoulder; the hanging portion on the left side was drawn up through the sinus, and bulged out in an umbo (Plate, fig.
- A horn with a baldric and the motto "Except the Lord keep the city the watchman waketh but in vain" forms the mayor's badge.
- A wide leather ring belt and baldric would also be worn.
- At the time of the Domesday Survey, Thirsk (Treske) was a manor of little importance belonging partly to the king and partly to Hugh, son of Baldric. Soon afterwards it was granted to Robert de Mowbray, who often resided there, and is said to have raised the castle round which the borough grew up. His estates, being forfeited for treason against William Rufus, were restored by Henry I.
- Over his shoulder he wears a leather baldric decorated with the Tailor's coat of arms.Advertisement
- shallop flitteth churls damsels ambling greaves baldric Find some others for yourself.
- Here are a few to challenge you: wold aspens imbowers shallop flitteth churls damsels ambling greaves baldric Find some others for yourself.