Balance-beam sentence example
- This rod was connected with the negative pole of the generator, and was suspended from one arm of a balance-beam, while from the other end of the beam was suspended a vertical hollow iron cylinder, which could be moved into or out of a wire coil or solenoid joined as a shunt across the two carbon rods of the furnace.
- Immediately the current passed through the solenoid it caused the iron cylinder to rise, and, by means of its supporting rod, forced the end of the balance beam upwards, so depressing the other end that the negative carbon rod was forced downwards into contact with the metal in the crucible.
- A counterpoise was placed on the solenoid end of the balance beam to act against the attraction of the solenoid, the position of the counterpoise determining the length of the arc in the crucible.
- Of course the " burnt " gate was perfectly useable, for operational purposes, just lacking a balance beam.
- You can choose designs to adorn the sides of the rings, maybe a gymnast on a balance beam to signify your participation in gymnastics or a musical note for the marching band.Advertisement