Baited sentence example
- Having baited the horses twice on the way, he arrived at the town toward evening on the fourth of August.
- The old Jacobites were dying out; James never had a minister who was not baited by three-fourths of the party, and denounced as a favourite at best, at worst a traitor; and the Cause would have sunk into ashes but for the promise of his eldest son, Prince Charles.
- Sackler, easily baited by DeLeo, was quick to show his temper.
- He had, besides, a relish for Hobbes's wit (as he used to say, " Here comes the bear to be baited "), and did not like the old man the less because his presence at court scandalized the bishops or the prim virtue of Chancellor Hyde.
- He'd been baited by many Immortals in his time and understood Wynn wanted to push his buttons.Advertisement
- She waited for him to catapult her out of his lap and fire her after the reminder, happy to have baited him for the second time.
- We NGOs wait with baited breath for the outcome of their deliberations.
- Cuttlefish pots are baited with a female cuttlefish pots are baited with a female cuttlefish, a mirror or a shiny CD to attract the males!
- This method of fishing involves the use of line to which thousands of baited hooks are attached.
- A simple two or three hook paternoster rig baited with rag or crab is the best way to approach this spot.Advertisement
- It does not seek to attack man; but when baited, or in defence of its young, shows great courage and strength, rising on its hind legs and endeavouring to grasp its antagonist in an embrace.
- Every spring, Academy Award watchers not only wait with baited breath to see who will win the big awards, but also which Oscar dresses parade down the runway.
- She baited the hook and threw it in the pond, watching as tiny waves rippled out from the bobber and gently lapped at the grassy shore.
- Jule baited the immortal creature.
- The fauna present at the baited lander where photographed at high frequency for periods of up to 6 months.Advertisement
- Darkyn had baited her.