Bahawalpur sentence example
- It is bounded on the west by Sind, and on the north-west by the Punjab state of Bahawalpur.
- The town of Bahawalpur is situated near the left bank of the Sutlej, and has a railway station 65 m.
- In India it is confined to the province of Kathiawar in Gujerat, though within the 19th century it extended through the north-west parts of Hindustan, from Bahawalpur and Sind to at least the Jumna (about Delhi) southward as far as Khandesh, and in central India through the Sagur and Narbuda territories, Bundelkund, and as far east as Palamau.
- It derives its name from the Bhattis, a wild Rajput clan, who held the country lying between Hariana, Bikanir and Bahawalpur.
- Edward Thornton thus described the general aspect of the state: "Bahawalpur is a remarkably level country, there being no considerable eminence within its limits, as the occasional sand-hills, seldom exceeding 50 or 60 ft.Advertisement