Bagehot sentence example
- In 1855 Hutton and Bagehot became joint-editors of the National Review, a new monthly, and conducted it for ten years.
- Comte, Spencer, Bagehot, Durkheim and Giddings, for example, refer to it, if at all, only briefly and incidentally; they conceive society as an organism, or at all events as a growing whole, no one part or force being the cause of all others, and all interacting; society is not the product of any agreement or of force alone, but of a vast variety of interests, desires and needs.
- In 1868 he became Walter Bagehot's assistant-editor on the Economist; and his services were also secured in 1873 as cityeditor of the Daily News, and later of The Times.
- Bagehot seems right in believing that Ricardo himself had no consciousness of the limitations to which his doctrines are subject.
- His family removed to London in 1835, and he was educated at University College School and University College, where he began a lifelong friendship with Walter Bagehot, of whose works he afterwards was the editor; he took the degree in 1845, being awarded the gold medal for philosophy.Advertisement