Baffles sentence example
- The town council, which has its headquarters in the Municipal Buildings in the Royal Exchange, consists of fifty members, a lord provost, seven baffles, a dean of guild, a treasurer, a convener of trades, seven judges of police, and thirty-two councillors.
- Sand is thus blown or pumped from below the piles, which are thus easily lowered in ground which baffles all attempts to drive in piles by blows.
- baffles baffling that such simple measures are not implemented.
- Installing baffles can also keep insulation away from any electrical fixtures, but be sure you keep the baffle several inches away from anything electrical as well to avoid a fire hazard.
- Coke or anthracite is heated to incandescence by an air blast in a generator lined with fire-brick, and the heated products of combustion as they leave the generator and enter the superheaters are supplied with more air, which causes the combustion of carbon monoxide present in the producer gas and heats up the fire-brick baffles with which the superheater is filled.Advertisement
- How someone who can spout such twaddle gets to be in a position of power baffles me.
- Your first step is to install any necessary baffles.
- You'll generally place baffles at the intersection between the joists and the rafters.