Baedeker-s sentence example
- The population was estimated by Olivier in 1796 at 20,000 to 24,000, by Buckingham at 50,000, by Chernik in 1873 at 40,000, by Sachau in 1879 at 50,000, in Baedeker's Handbook in 1906 at 30,000.
- Daressy, Notice explicative des ruines du temple de Louxor (Cairo, 1893); Baedeker's Egypt.
- See Baedeker's Egypt; Ed.
- Partsch, Physikalische Geographie von Griechenland (Breslau, 1885); Baedeker's Greece (3rd ed., Leipzig, 1905); for statistics see GREECE: Topography.
- Lyons, A Report on the Island and Temples of Philae (Cairo, 1896), with numerous plans and photographs; a seco!.d report, A Report on the Temples of Philae (1908), deals with the condition of the ruins as affected by the immersions occasioned by the filling of the Assuan dam; Baedeker's Egypt; and on the effects of the submersion, &c., reports in Annales du service des antiquite's, vols.Advertisement