Baedeker-s sentence example
- The population was estimated by Olivier in 1796 at 20,000 to 24,000, by Buckingham at 50,000, by Chernik in 1873 at 40,000, by Sachau in 1879 at 50,000, in Baedeker's Handbook in 1906 at 30,000.
- orientale, and the Revue Biblique; Baedeker's Handbook to Palestine and Syria (1906); Mommert, Die hl.
- de Morgan, Carte de la necropole memphite (Cairo, 1897); Baedeker's Egypt; J.
- Daressy, Notice explicative des ruines du temple de Louxor (Cairo, 1893); Baedeker's Egypt.
- See Baedeker's Egypt; Ed.Advertisement
- Among the more popular works on Mexico are Baedeker's The United States, with Excursions to Mexico, &c. (Leipzig, 1909); H.
- Partsch, Physikalische Geographie von Griechenland (Breslau, 1885); Baedeker's Greece (3rd ed., Leipzig, 1905); for statistics see GREECE: Topography.
- See Baedeker's Egypt; E.
- (9) (Redrawn by permission from Baedeker's Southern Italy.) were shops, and in the centre of the east side a chapel for the worship of the imperial house.
- Lane, Cairo Fifty Years Ago (London, 1896), presents a picture of the city as it was before the era of European " improvements," and gives extracts from the Khitat of Maqrizi, written in 1417, the chief original authority on the antiquities of Cairo; Murray's and Baedeker's Guides, and A.Advertisement
- Palmer, Desert of the Exodus; Baedeker's Palestine and Syria; C. W.
- Lyons, A Report on the Island and Temples of Philae (Cairo, 1896), with numerous plans and photographs; a seco!.d report, A Report on the Temples of Philae (1908), deals with the condition of the ruins as affected by the immersions occasioned by the filling of the Assuan dam; Baedeker's Egypt; and on the effects of the submersion, &c., reports in Annales du service des antiquite's, vols.
- (Leipzig, 1862); Baedeker's Greece (4th Eng.
- Philippson, Thessalien and Epirus (Berlin, 18 97); Baedeker's Greece, 3rd ed.
- See also Baedeker's Greece (London, 1895); Murray's Greece and the Ionian Islands (London, 1900); Guide Joanne, vol.Advertisement