Baden-powell sentence example
- The object of this action was to push back the Boers from the neighbourhood of Pretoria, but no sooner was this done than the ncrth-western Transvaal became active, in spite of Hunter's and Baden-Powell's advance from Mafeking through this district.
- These, under Sir Archibald Hunter and Sir Leslie Rundle, successfully herded Prinsloo with 4000 Free Staters into the Brandwater Basin (July 29) - a very satisfactory result, but one seriously marred by the escape of De Wet, who soon afterwards raided the Western Transvaal and again escaped between converging pursuers under Kitchener, Methuen, SmithDorrien, Ian Hamilton and Baden-Powell.
- Baden-Powell, an account of the 1895-96 expedition (London, 1896); From Kabul to Kumassi (chs.
- Baden-Powell, The Indian Village Community (1896); Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Life and Labour of the People of India (1907); Theodore Morison, Industrial Organization of an Indian Province (1906); Professor Wyndham Dunstan, Coal Resources of India (Society of Arts, 1902); Sir George Watt, Dictionary of Economic Products of India (1908); Sir George Birdwood, Industrial Arts of India (1880); R.
- Baden-Powell, Handbook of Manufactures and Arts of the Punjab (Lahore, 1872); W.Advertisement
- (London, 1855); Arago's Autobiography, translated by the Rev. Baden Powell (London, 1855, 1858); Arago's Meteorological Essays, with introduction by Humboldt, translated under the superintendence of Colonel Sabine (London, 1855), and Arago's Biographies of Scientific Men, translated by Smyth, Powell and Grant, 8vo (London, 1857).
- Baden-Powell and E.
- boater hat) is Arthur Baden Powell Hey.
- scouting in ethnic communities, please contact the community Development Department at Baden-Powell House.
- south of Mafeking, a train being derailed, and ammunition intended for Colonel Baden-Powell seized.Advertisement
- For more information on developing Scouting in ethnic communities, please contact the Community Development Department at Baden-Powell House.
- Since the Scouting culture started by Baden-Powell has become international, Girl Scout uniforms have spread all over the world through many cultures.
- International Girl Scouting began in England in 1928, after a group of girls and women demanded entry into Lord Baden-Powell's boys-only Scouting Conference.
- Baden-Powell was in command of the defence, which was stubbornly maintained for 217 days (Oct.
- Baden-Powell's Sketches in Mafeking and East Africa (1907) and Lady Sarah Wilson's South African Memories (1909) deal largely with the siege of Mafeking.Advertisement
- Baden-Powell had throughout shown a bold front and by his unconventional gaiety as well as his military measures had held off the assault until the last.