Bacteriuria sentence example
- All patients with long-term catheters will develop a chronic bacteriuria; infection arises at the rate of about 5 - 10% per day.
- For silver alloy catheters, 11% of patients had bacteriuria, compared with 32% with uncoated catheters (Figure ).
- A large study is required to determine whether screening for asymptomatic bacteriuria continues to be relevant in improving pregnancy outcome.
- Bacteraemia may be present even tho significant bacteriuria may be absent.
- Thus an individual with a covert bacteriuria has a life expectancy of less than 3 years.Advertisement
- The term bacteriuria is used to define the presence of bacteria in freshly voided urine.