Bacterial-meningitis sentence example
- CSF lactate ³ 4 nmol/L has high sensitivity and specificity for bacterial meningitis following craniotomy.
- The Gram stain is performed on a sediment of the CSF and is positive in at least 60 percent of cases of bacterial meningitis.
- The bacteria which cause bacterial meningitis live in the back of the nose and throat region and are carried by 10 to 25 percent of the population.
- At least 50 kinds of bacteria can cause bacterial meningitis.
- As of 2004, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Neisseria meningitidis were the leading causes of bacterial meningitis.Advertisement
- The long-term outlook for children who develop bacterial meningitis varies significantly.
- The complications of bacterial meningitis can be severe and include neurological problems such as hearing loss, visual impairment, seizures, and learning disabilities.
- Depending on the type of bacteria responsible for the infection, bacterial meningitis is either classified as monococcal or pneumococcal.
- Some forms of bacterial meningitis are contagious.
- H. "New issues in bacterial meningitis in adults.Advertisement
- Before the institution of routine infant vaccinations in the United States in the 1990s, Hib was the leading of bacterial meningitis among children younger than five years of age.
- Children with cochlear implants have been found to be at an increased risk for bacterial meningitis.
- "FDA Public Health Web Notification: Risk of Bacterial Meningitis in Children with Cochlear Implants."
- Before the 1990s, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) was the leading cause of bacterial meningitis.
- Before routine vaccination, Hib was the most common cause of bacterial meningitis and responsible for most of the cases of acquired mental retardation in the United States.Advertisement