Bacteremia sentence example
- Antifungal prophylaxis with absorbable agents might have an impact on the rate of documented bacteremia in febrile neutropenia.
- Other new chapters cover using the personal computer for healthcare epidemiology; infections associated with xenotransplantation; nosocomial bacteremia; and filamentous fungi.
- Complications occur when the salmonella bacteria make their way into the bloodstream (bacteremia).
- Examples are bacteremia and meningitis, especially severe in children with health conditions that increase their susceptibility to infection.
- Enterobacter and Serratia can cause bacterial infection of the blood (bacteremia), particularly in patients with weakened immune systems.Advertisement
- Staph infection of the blood (staphylococcal bacteremia) develops when bacteria from a local infection infiltrate the lymph glands and bloodstream.