Backfill sentence example
- This feature measured up to 0.16m in width x 0.21m in depth with a brown silty clay backfill.
- Roman, Anglian and Anglo-Scandinavian pottery were recovered from the feature's single backfill.
- You must then backfill the trench up to 18 " from road level.
- The backfill was identified as a dark gray clay silt with mixed gravel and lumps of redeposited subsoil.
- Cover the pipe with some washed stone, and then backfill the trench with soil.Advertisement
- This backfill had inclusions of charcoal flecks and gravel and sherds of medieval pottery (Appendix E) were recovered during excavation.
- Put the post in place and tamp the backfill carefully in layers.