Backcloth sentence example
- A political vacuum and a cynical change in British security policy provided the backcloth to the 1977 strike.
- Beautiful wooded hills rise steeply all around, forming a backcloth, which greatly enhances the rural setting of the town.
- Outside, behind the glass wall are shrubs which provide a living, moving backcloth.
- It is indeed the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean and it is this dramatic mountain backcloth we have come to enjoy.
- Note the elaborate painted backcloth, suggesting an opulent sitting room.Advertisement
- It occupies an elevated site, with sweeping drive, manicured lawns and provides a spectacular backcloth for this special day.
- They numbered in their hundreds and they made an impressive stage backcloth of white skirts, colored ties and shining bright faces.
- The grand historic backcloth ends up highlighting the central weakness of the novel: the inertia of the protagonist.
- Make a backcloth to hang behind the table out of a shiny metallic bronze, wine, gold or burnt orange fabric.
- For anyone interested in the artistic backcloth to the city it is a must-see.Advertisement