Backbenchers sentence example
- But the former health secretary Frank Dobson says another 75 backbenchers oppose the white paper.
- The Independent reports that Charles Clarke held a special meeting last night in order to persuade backbenchers not to back the rebel amendment.
- Opposition would have been left to conservative backbenchers who would have been marginalized.
- A subdued Mr Straw experienced the anger of his own backbenchers.
- other backbenchers will be voicing their concerns next week at a debate about the current policy toward Iraq, Mr Dalyell said.Advertisement
- But will it go far enough to pacify his angry backbenchers?
- And these affect not just rank and file Labor supporters or even ordinary backbenchers but an important wing of the shadow cabinet.
- labor backbenchers have already produced an " alternative White Paper " .
- On standing committee, opposition backbenchers are frequently supplied with gobbledygook notes by specialist ' advisers ' .
- When even senior Labor backbenchers have begun to recognize this, so should Gordon.Advertisement
- Significantly, a number of Labor backbenchers were in favor of scrapping the tolls on both bridges, against Executive policy.
- When Panorama put out a program which included some Conservative backbenchers expressing doubts about the use of military force she was consumed with rage.