Back bay sentence example
- On the north is the Charles river, which widens here into a broad, originally much broader, inner harbour or back-bay.
- Commonwealth Avenue, one of the Back Bay streets running from the foot of the Public Garden, is one of the finest residence streets of the country.
- The improvement of the Back Bay and of the South Boston flats was in considerable measure forced upon the city by the commonwealth.
- On a slightly raised strip of land between the head of Back Bay and the harbour is situated the fort, the nucleus of the city of Bombay.
- There are two harbours, an outer, facing the town, protected by the island of Sirah, but now partially choked with mud; and an inner, called Aden Back-bay, or, by the Arabs, Bandar Tawayih, on the western side of the peninsula, which at all periods of the year admits vessels drawing less than 20 ft.Advertisement