Babi sentence example
- The population, 2500 in 1881, when the Russians seized it, was 19,428 in 1897, onethird Persians, many of them belonging to the Babi sect.
- More recent works are: - Browne, The New History of the Bdb (Cambridge, 1893) and " Catalogue and Description of the 27 Babi Manuscripts," Journal of R.
- It has a population of about 25,000 and post and telegraph offices, and was one of the original strongholds of the BabI sectarians, who held it against a large Persian force from May 1850 to the end of the year, when most of them were massacred.
- insensate cruelty, of human suffering, are reminiscent of Treblinka or Babi Yar.
- prophet foretold by Sayid Ali Muhammad Shirazi, the founder of the Babi movement.Advertisement
- Another of the victims of that day was Hajji Mirth Jani of Kashan, the author of the oldest history of the movement from the Babi point of view.
- Browne) is based on Mirth Jani's work, but many important passages which did not accord with later Babi doctrine or policy have been suppressed or modified, while some additions have been made.