Awaking sentence example
- On awaking he addressed kind words to the compassionate brother, and then prophesied that dire calamities would befall Florence during the reign of a pope named Clement.
- He was an admirer of Marx's learning and analytical power, but he would never submit to the tyrannical pedantry of Marx's school and stood up for an elemental awaking of revolutionary instincts.
- He preferred to be a man of pleasure and leisure, only awaking now and then to perpetrate some act of arbitrary cruelty.
- It was a time of moral reformation, when men were awaking to the need of better and purer living.
- On awaking, Peleus was attacked by the Centaurs, but saved by Cheiron.Advertisement
- On awaking (it was Christmas Day), he immediately mounted the pulpit, and gave forth his famous hymn on the Nativity.
- Leeuwenhoek, in 1719, made the remarkable discovery, since abundantly confirmed, that many animalculae, notably tardigrades and rotifers, may be completely desiccated and remain in that condition for long periods without losing the power of awaking to active life when moistened with water.
- ` I will show thee a better way,' replied the stranger; ` let a crier cry aloud" God is most great, &c."' On awaking, Abdallah went to Mahomet and told him his dream," and Azan was thereupon instituted.
- As Death.s best assassin, Gabriel wasn.t the type of person anyone ever wanted to run into, let alone when awaking in a dark room after a nightmare.
- Daytime fatigue is often associated with sleep disorders and can be particularly frustrating when a person is sleeping eight to ten hours a night (or so they think), but awaking exhausted in the morning.Advertisement