Avens sentence example
- On walks ashore you find amazingly lush vegetation, including mountain avens, saxifrages, poppies, cotton grass and white bell heather.
- Heading right leads across two blind pitches before terminating below several inlet avens.
- At the foot of the pitch a ramp slopes up to a choke passing below two high avens.
- To the left, the passage, avens Passage, leads to two large avens.
- We then set off downstream through the ducks to the point where the twin avens come in.Advertisement
- The stream was cold and the passage low and gravel floored, with occasional avens containing loosely cemented fill and old flowstone.
- A climb over leads to two blind avens with water dripping in.
- Unusually, grazing levels appear to be low enough to allow the development of mountain avens heath on slopes open to grazing animals.
- Ground flora includes dog's mercury, bluebell, primrose and wood avens.
- Damper areas support species such as meadowsweet, ragged robin, water avens, lady's mantle and meadow fescue.Advertisement
- In damp patches marsh valerian, devil's-bit scabious, marsh ragwort, water avens, meadowsweet and can be found.
- Thus, besides such forms as Evan, Aune, Anne, Ive, Auney, Inney, &c., in the British Islands, Aff, Aven, Avon, Aune appear in Brittany and elsewhere in France, Avenza and Avens in Italy, Avia in Portugal, and Avono in Spain; while the terminal syllable of a large proportion of the Latinized names of French rivers, such as the Sequana, the Matrona and the Garumna, seems originally to have been the same word.
- Mountain Avens (Dryas) - Mountain plants of the Rose family, containing two or three dwarf alpine plants of spreading growth and neat evergreen foliage.