Attenuation sentence example
- Oliver Heaviside showed mathematically that uniformly-distributed inductance in a telephone line would diminish both attenuation and distortion, and that if the inductance were great enough and the insulation resistance not too high the circuit would be distortionless, while currents of all frequencies would be equally attenuated.
- Even when the light is not sufficiently intense, or the exposure is too short to kill the spores, the experiments show that attenuation of virulence, That bacterial fermentations are accompanied by the evolution of heat is an old experience; but the discovery that the " spontaneous " combustion of sterilized cotton-waste does not occur simply if moist and freely exposed to oxygen, philous bacteria.
- Many of the earlier methods of attenuation were devised in the case of the anthrax bacillus, an organism which is, however, somewhat exceptional as regards the relative stability of its virulence.
- In circuits possessing high resistance and capacity and low inductance per mile, telephonic currents are rapidly attenuated, and the higher the frequency the more rapid is the attenuation.
- The visible signs of this contemptuous point of view were (1) the suspension of the august dignity of palatine, which, after the death of Tamas Nadasdy, " the great palatine," in 1562, was left vacant for many years; (2) the abolition or attenuation of all the ancient Hungarian court dignitaries; (3) the degradation of the capital, Pressburg, into a mere provincial town; and (4) the more and more openly expressed determination to govern Hungary from Vienna by means of foreigners, principally German or Czech.Advertisement
- The padded earpieces provide just enough attenuation of external noise without being claustrophobic.
- Radiation Shielding (6 lectures) g (6 lectures) g -ray and neutron shielding calculations; g -ray attenuation and build-up factors.
- The right kidney parenchyma was thinned and irregular and contained low attenuation areas and tiny foci of calcification.
- The gain can be varied from x 0.2 to x 10,000 by means of gain and attenuation switches and a trim potentiometer.
- Attenuation of gamma and x-ray emitting radionuclides, like the plastic sacks, is minimal.Advertisement
- Dear Martin, I have just recently started work to understand and model acoustic attenuation in gas mixtures containing water vapor.
- In consequence of their high capacity, the attenuation constant of submarine cables is high, and only a small number of cables, of comparatively short length, are in use for telephonic purposes.
- If the pulse duration is too short for the available receiver bandwidth, distortion and attenuation of the pulse result (Fig 21).
- Broadband ultrasound attenuation predicts fractures strongly and independently of densitometry in older women: a prospective study.
- We therefore suggest that the linear attenuation coefficient be treated as a separate unit.Advertisement