Aspersions sentence example
- recantation of his aspersions on Peter, giving as a reason that he had been soundly scourged by angels during the preceding night.
- A similar series of excellent teachings on practical wisdom and the blessings of a virtuous life, only of a severer and more uncompromising character, is contained in the Sa`adatnama; and, judging from the extreme bitterness of tone manifested in the "reproaches of kings and emirs," we should be inclined to consider it a protest against the vile aspersions poured out upon Nasir's moral and religious attitude during those persecutions which drove him at last to Yumgan.
- From this time he continued to pour forth a number of critical writings on literature, art, &c. His bold ideas on these subjects, which were a great advance even on Lessing's doctrines, naturally excited hostile criticism, and in consequence of this opposition, which took the form of aspersions on his religious orthodoxy, he resolved to leave Riga.
- The discovery that the poet had printed secretly 1500 copies of The Patriot King caused him to publish a correct version in 1749, and stirred up a further altercation with Warburton, who defended his friend against Bolingbroke's bitter aspersions, the latter, whose conduct was generally reprehended, publishing a Familiar Epistle to the most Impudent Man Living.
- Both the aspersions which these poets cast on her character and the embellishments with which they garnished her life passed for centuries as undoubted history.Advertisement
- Friend was right to cast aspersions on the role of the Deputy Prime Minister.
- Is it right that you should be casting such aspersions on those sitting behind Mr Trimble?
- Thanks for his vindications of Scotland from the unjust aspersions of certain of the House of Commons.
- Spurred on by his wife the matter reached a climax in 1574, when letters were discovered, which, while revealing a hope to bring over Augustus to Calvinism, cast some aspersions upon the elector and his wife.
- How dare FNBs cast aspersions in respect of the honesty of Endeavor?Advertisement
- By such means I supposed, I might temper peoples ' evident inclination to cast aspersions against my heterosexual identity.
- All his knowledge of Semitic languages he used in a "conservative Higher Criticism," which is maintained in the following works: The Pentateuch Vindicated from the Aspersions of Bishop Colenso (1863), Moses and the Prophets (1883), The Hebrew Feasts in their Relation to Recent Critical Hypotheses Concerning the Pentateuch (1885), The Unity of the Book of Genesis (1895), The Higher Criticism of the Pentateuch (1895), and A General Introduction to the Old Testament, vol.
- cast aspersions, even to question my fellow editors on the merits of including this article.