Archdiocese sentence example
- For the archdiocese and electorate of Cologne see Binterim and Mooren, Die Erzdiozese Koln bis zur franzosischen Staatsumweilzung, new ed.
- The see, while for some purposes in the archdiocese of York, has its own convocation.
- In 1852 there was held the first of a series of synods of the newly organized Roman Catholic archdiocese of Westminster.
- Another, the Order of Our Lady of Lourdes, was founded in 1883 for work in the archdiocese of New Orleans.
- It was in the archdiocese of Trondhjem in Norway.Advertisement
- The Roman Catholic Church is subject to the bishop of Rottenburg, in the archdiocese of Freiburg.
- The bishopric was in the archdiocese of Mainz and the bishop was a prince of the empire.
- MICHAEL AUGUSTINE CORRIGAN (1839-1902), third archbishop of the Roman Catholic archdiocese of New York, in the United States, was born in Newark, New Jersey, on the 13th of August 1839.
- In 1880 Bishop Corrigan was made coadjutor, with the right of succession, to Cardinal McCloskey, archbishop of New York, under the title of archbishop of Petra; and thereafter nearly all the practical work of the archdiocese fell to his hands.
- In 1844 he was consecrated bishop of Axieren in partibus, and was made coadjutor to Bishop Hughes of New York with the right of succession; in 1847 he became bishop of the newly created see of Albany; and in 1864 he succeeded to the archdiocese of New York, then including New York, New Jersey, and New England.Advertisement
- Thurles is the seat of the Roman Catholic archdiocese of Cashel; and the cathedral of St Patrick is a beautiful building.
- We commit the sins, but we want you to pay for them says catholic archdiocese.
- Until the pallium is granted, the archbishop is known only as archbishop-elect, and is not empowered to exercise his potestas ordinis in the archdiocese nor to summon the provincial synod and exercise the jurisdiction dependent upon this.
- These registers, along with registers prior to 1881, are housed at the Archives of the Archdiocese of Saint Augustine.