Arbitrated sentence example
- In 1885 he successfully arbitrated between Germany and Spain in a dispute concerning the Caroline Islands.
- The arbiter 3. Under normal circumstances, grievances shall be formally arbitrated by the Chairperson.
- After driving Alexander out, he passed into Macedonia and arbitrated between two claimants to the throne.
- In 1366 he led an expedition to the East against the Turks; and he arbitrated between Milan and the house of Montferrat (1379), between the Scaligeri and the Visconti, and between Venice and Genoa after the "War of Chioggia" (1381).
- A council of 120 unpaid delegates, selected from the local councils, served partly as a committee for preparing the assembly's programme, partly as an administrative board which received embassies, arbitrated between contending cities and exercised penal jurisdiction over offenders against the constitution.Advertisement
- In 1504 he arbitrated on the differences between France and Germany, and concluded an alliance with them in order to oust the Venetians from Faenza, Rimini and other towns which they occupied.