Aralia sentence example
- Aralia and Wigandia may be mentioned.
- The following is a select list of genera of stove plants (climbers are denoted by *, bulbous and tuberous plants by f) Acalypha Achimenest Aeschynanthus Allamanda* Alocasiat Amaryllist Anthurium Aphelandra Aralia Ardisia Arisaemaf Aristolochia * Ataccia Begonia Bertolonia Bignonia* Bromeliads Cactus Caladium f Calathea Centropogon Cissus* Clerodendron * Crinumt Codiaeum (Croton) ORcftIDs.
- Its most conspicuous plants are Ficus Bowerbankii, Aralia primigenia, Comptonia acutiloba, Dryandra Bunburyi, Cassia Ungeri and the fruits of Caesalpinia.
- The mere enumeration of the genera will indicate how close the flowering plants are to living forms. Newberry records Juglans, Myrica (7 species), Populus, Salix (5 species), Quercus, Planera, Ficus (3 species), Persoonia and another extinct Proteaceous genus named Proteoides, Magnolia (7 species), Liriodendron (4 species), Menispermites, Laurus and allied plants, Sassafras (3 species), Cinnamomum, Prunus, Hymenaea, Dalbergia, Bauhinia, Caesalpinia, Fontainea, Colutea and other Leguminosae, Ilex, Celastrus, Celastrophyllum (Io species), Acer, Rhamnites, Paliurus, Cissites, Tiliaephyllum, Passiflora, Eucalyptus (5 species), Hedera, Aralia (8 species), Cornophyllum, Andromeda (4 species), Myrsine, Sapotacites, Diospyros, Acerates, Viburnum and various genera of uncertain affinities.
- The genera best represented are Ficus (21 species), Quercus (16 species), Populus (ir species), Rhamnus (9 species), Platanus (8 species), Viburnum (7 species), Magnolia (6 species), Cornus (5 species), Cinnamomum (5 species), Juglans (4 species), Acer (4 species), Salix (4 species), Aralia (3 species), Rhus (3 species), Sequoia (3 species).Advertisement
- After first winter you can plant aralia at their permanent position in late spring.
- Aralia is slow growing and short-lived plant.
- Some species as like Aralia spinosa has thorny stem and can be used as border plant for gardens.
- Angelica Tree (Aralia Spinosa) - This fine shrub has often been put in exposed places, but it is better where its great leaves will not be torn, and in every size may be used in the pleasure ground.
- It is of somewhat straggling habit, with loosely-clustered pale green leathery leaves and handsome greenish flowers three-quarters of an inch across, clustered together at the tips of the shoots as in Ivy and Aralia.Advertisement
- Vitis Megaphylla - A remarkable Chinese Vine with large cleft leaves, more like a shrubby Aralia than a Vine.