Arachnoid sentence example
- These membranes are called the meninges, the outermost membrane is called the dura mater, then the arachnoid and then the pia mater.
- The lobes of the cerebral hemisphere, optic nerves, arachnoid granulations and blood vessels are all identified.
- However, no cases of chronic hydrocephalus and suprasellar arachnoid cyst presenting with rhinorrhea as the unique clinical manifestation are reported in the literature.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage-A collection of blood in the subarachnoid space, the space between the arachnoid and pia mater membranes that surround the brain.
- Subarachnoid-Referring to the space underneath the arachnoid membrane, the middle of the three membranes that sheath the spinal cord and brain.Advertisement
- Subdural hematoma-A localized accumulation of blood, sometimes mixed with spinal fluid, in the space between the middle (arachnoid) and outer (dura mater) membranes covering the brain.
- The middle layer is the arachnoid mater, and the layer closest to the brain tissue is the pia mater.
- Meninges-The three-layer membranous covering of the brain and spinal cord, composed of the dura mater, arachnoid, and pia mater.
- The innermost layer is called the pia mater, the middle layer is the arachnoid, and the dura mater is the tougher outer layer.