Apsides sentence example
- Tisserand in 1895.1 It involved the action of no third mass, but depended solely upon the progression of the line of apsides in a moderately elliptical orbit due to the spheroidal shape of the globes traversing it.
- They are called the lower or nearer, and the higher or more distant apsides respectively.
- The "line of apsides" is that which joins them, forming the major axis of the orbit.
- The line of apsides is in continual motion, generally direct, and performs a revolution in about 12 years.
- This line was called the line of apsides.Advertisement
- On comparing observations made at different times it was found that the line of apsides was not fixed, but made a complete revolution in the heavens, in the order of the signs of the zodiac, in about nine years.
- A line joining the moon in perigee and in apogee is called the " line of apsides."