Appleton sentence example
- She died in 1828, leaving two sons, Daniel Fletcher, killed in the second battle of Bull Run, and Edward, a major in the United States army, who died while serving in the Mexican War, and a daughter Julia, who married Samuel Appleton.
- Longfellow (who married Nathan Appleton's daughter) wrote his poem "The Old Clock on the Stairs."
- Besides being a contributor to the magazines and encyclopedias on educational and philosophical subjects, he wrote An Introduction to the Study of Philosophy (1889); The Spiritual Sense of Dante's Divina Commedia (1889); Hegel's Logic (1890); and Psychologic Foundations of Education (1898); and edited Appleton's International Education Series and 'Webster's International Dictionary.
- The critical weeklies of the past include the New York Literary Gazette (1834-1835, 1839), De Bow's Review (1846), the Literary World (1847-1853), the Criterion (1855-1856), the Round Table (1863-1864), the Citizen (1864-1873), and Appleton' s Journal (1869).
- Appleton was one of the first cities in the United States to have an electric street railway line in operation; and electric street railways now traverse the entire Fox river valley as far as Fond du Lac on the south and Green Bay on the north.Advertisement
- The Fox river furnishes about 10,000 h.p., which is largely utilized for the manufacture of paper (of which Appleton is one of the largest producers in the United States), wood-pulp, sulphite fibre, machinery, wire screens, woollen goods, knit goods, furniture, dyes and flour.
- Appleton was first permanently settled in 1833, and was named in honour of Samuel Appleton of Massachusetts, who owned part of the original town plot.
- The founders of Lowell were Patrick Tracy Jackson (1780-1847), Nathan Appleton (1779-1861), Paul Moody (1779-1831) and the business manager chosen by them, Kirk Boott (1790-1837).
- In 1843 he married again, his wife being Miss Frances Elizabeth Appleton of Boston, a daughter of Hon.
- No connection, but I've just discovered that thinking poof's crumpet Alistair Appleton has a blog.Advertisement
- His appointment is joint with the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory where he will work extensively using Isis.
- Other UK accelerators The worldÃ¢s leading pulsed neutron and muon source is based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire.
- No connection, but I've just discovered that thinking poof 's crumpet Alistair Appleton has a blog.
- A new rack mounted server has been delivered to Appleton Tower to replace topper as the hardware for the admin samba server.
- Hack, DDS has a practice located in Appleton, Wisconsin.Advertisement
- Emily Symons as Louise Appleton, who's made waves since she first arrived in Emmerdale in 2001.