Appeasing sentence example
- He brushed off the idea it could be Byrne and justified his interest as only appeasing his elderly stepfather.
- When the Democrats, however, declared such language incendiary he tried to explain it away, and by so doing offended his friends without appeasing his opponents.
- Being apprised by one of the nobles of the court of what had taken place, Firdousi passed the night in great anxiety; but passing in the morning by the gate that led from his own apartments into the palace, he met the sultan in his private garden, and succeeded by humble apologies in appeasing his wrath.
- After eight years' wandering in the east, he landed on the island of Pharos, where Proteus revealed to him the means of appeasing the gods and securing his return.
- Julie, ou La Nouvelle Heloise, is a novel written in letters describing the loves of a man of low position and a girl of rank, her subsequent marriage to a respectable freethinker of her own station, the mental agonies of her lover, and the partial appeasing of the distresses of the lovers by the influence of noble sentiment and the good offices of a philanthropic Englishman.Advertisement
- Her gift for mind manipulation wasn't enough to influence the powerful God, and she'd found appeasing the lost young man and using the extent of her gift were both needed to influence him.
- Mr Blair said there was no appeasing fanatics, whose enemy was " anyone who isn't them " .
- Affied through his mother to the Welfs of Bavaria, and anxious to put an end to the unrest which dominated Germany, especially to the strife between the families of WeIf and Hohenstaufen, Frederick began his reign by promising to secure for Henry the Lion the duchy of Bavaria, and by appeasing Henrys uncle, Count Welf, by making him duke of Spol.eto and margrave of Tuscany.
- You want to find a place where you can get the most bang for your buck while appeasing everyone in the clan.
- If you share meal times with family members, be sure to find recipes that are appeasing to them as well.Advertisement