Appeals-court sentence example
- President Bush has named assistant attorney general and former appeals court judge Michael Chertoff as Ridge's successor, subject to Senate confirmation.
- The Appeals Court ruled that the governmentÃ¢s pricing policies were, in fact, legally invalid.
- The government has asked the appeals court to overturn that ruling, saying interruption of his interrogation would undermine the war on terrorism.
- However, just one year later, a federal appeals court ruled that prayers led by students should be allowed at graduation ceremonies, and justices refused to review the case.
- This decision of the federal appeals court directly conflicts with the decision of another federal appeals court that decided student-led prayers should be banned.Advertisement
- He has a brother and two sisters, one of whom is a federal appeals court judge.
- The Anna Nicole estate was denied any money in the most recent unanimous ruling by a federal appeals court.
- In 1996, a federal appeals court ruled that school officials can be held liable under the Equal Protection Clause of the U.S. Constitution for not protecting gay and bisexual students from harassment and discrimination.