Apostolate sentence example
- The re-erection of a wayside cross in Annemasse, at the gates of Geneva, amid an enormous concourse of converts, an event which closed the three years of his apostolate, led to the composition of the Defense ...
- The important T Lents of 1617 and 1618 at Grenoble were a prelude to a still more important apostolate in Paris, "the theatre of the world," as St Vincent de Paul calls it.
- Later on the same day, the doors being shut, Jesus appears amongst His disciples, shows them His (pierced) hands and side, and solemnly commissions and endows them for the apostolate by the words, " As the Father bath sent Me, so I send you," and by breathing upon them saying " Receive the Holy Spirit: whose sins ye remit, they are remitted to them; whose sins ye retain, they are retained."
- Once Paul's apostolate - a personal one, parallel with the more collective apostolate of " the Twelve " - has proved itself by tokens of Divine approval, Peter and his colleagues frankly recognize the distinction of the two missions, and are anxious only to arrange that the two shall not fall apart by religiously and morally incompatible usages (Acts xv.).
- So the notion of formal or constitutional authority attaching to the apostolate, in its various senses, is an anachronism for the apostolic age.Advertisement
- At the invitation of the duke of Bavaria, Theodo II., Rupert went to Regensburg (Ratisbon), where he began his apostolate.
- Darazi, who had acted independently in his apostolate, was branded by Hamza as a heretic, and thus, by a curious anomaly, he is actually held in detestation by the very sect which perhaps bears his name.
- For this reason, each one will have an apostolate either collaborating with others in the community or individually.
- They showed remarkable dedication to the lay apostolate in the Church and foreshadowed the collaborative ministry that is much spoken of nowadays.
- My work in the social apostolate is mainly concerned with academic reflection.Advertisement
- The most effective response is to tackle the problem at its root, which implies an intellectual apostolate.
- Continue, dear Jesuits, this important apostolate, keeping the spirit of your Founder unchanged.
- Faith has always found a particularly fruitful apostolate among the young.
- Today as sisters with an active apostolate, we perpetuate this tradition by maintaining a fervent life in common.