Apneas sentence example
- Once you start using a CPAP machine or other sleep apnea treatment your apneas will subside; however, you may still be left with mood swings.
- Treatment will reduce the apneas, improve the sleep and give the person an opportunity to better enjoy their life's activities.
- In addition, the researchers found that the severity of the apneas were factors in the magnitude of the costs; people with severe apnea had higher costs than people who had less severe apnea.
- The appliance is designed to reposition the jaw during sleep so that the space in the airway is maximized during sleep, alleviating the airway blockage that causes the apneas.
- If sleep apnea is diagnosed during the sleep study, the patient will have a second overnight sleep study during which a technician will try alternative pressures to determine the best pressure to stop the patient's apneas.Advertisement
- This opens the airflow in the back of the throat to improve the breathing and minimize or stop the apneas.
- By pulling the jaw slightly forward during sleep, the patient's airway is opened reducing the airway blockage that causes sleep apneas and snoring.
- Multiple sleep apneas through the night will result in frequently interrupted sleep, causing daytime sleepiness.
- Blood oxygenation levels may also be affected by apneas, making it more difficult to have a clear mind.
- Sleeping with CPAP treatment can be pleasurable and the lack of sleep apneas will certainly improve your quality of life.Advertisement
- The apnea hypopnea index divides the number of hypopneas and apneas into the number of hours the patient sleeps.
- For example, if a person sleeps eight hours and experiences 40 apneas and 60 hypopneas, the AHI value is 12.5, which would be a mild case.
- The respiratory disturbance index (RDI) is a measurement that includes hypopneas and apneas in its calculations.
- Since this measurement includes arousals that are not necessarily hypopneas or apneas, the RDI measurement may be higher than the AHI, according to CPAP Talk.
- In addition to producing and distributing products to help patients with apneas and hypoapneas, Resmed also invests six percent of their profits into continued research and development of new Resmed CPAP products and therapies.Advertisement
- Apneas and hypopnea during sleep can produce arousals that may cause the sleeper to grind his or her teeth.
- The purple and blue shades of the Apnea label appear almost opaque in nature, while the green tinted Apneas offer a clearer appearance.
- One can imagine how informative such a device could be to people unknowingly suffering from sleep apneas or even sleepwalking disorders.