Aplastic anemia sentence example
- People who have aplastic anemia have bone marrow that just stops working right.
- Patients who have leukemia, polycythemia vera, or aplastic anemia are given periodic platelet count tests to monitor their health.
- Leukemia and aplastic anemia can result in a low platelet count because of decreased production of platelets in the bone marrow.
- Sometimes curable by bone marrow transplant, but potentially fatal, aplastic anemia is characterized by decreased production of red and white blood cells and platelets (disc-shaped cells that are a key component of blood coagulation).
- Children with aplastic anemia are especially susceptible to infection.Advertisement
- Treatment for aplastic anemia may involve blood transfusions and bone marrow transplantation to replace malfunctioning cells with healthy ones.