Aplastic sentence example
- People who have aplastic anemia have bone marrow that just stops working right.
- Having a history of diseases that damage the bone marrow, such as aplastic anemia, or a history of cancers of the lymphatic system puts people at a high risk for developing acute leukemias.
- In cases where the patient is either immunocompromised or immunosuppressed, a life-threatening aplastic crisis can occur.
- Aplastic anemia-A disorder in which the bone marrow greatly decreases or stops production of blood cells.
- Patients who have leukemia, polycythemia vera, or aplastic anemia are given periodic platelet count tests to monitor their health.Advertisement
- Leukemia and aplastic anemia can result in a low platelet count because of decreased production of platelets in the bone marrow.
- Sometimes curable by bone marrow transplant, but potentially fatal, aplastic anemia is characterized by decreased production of red and white blood cells and platelets (disc-shaped cells that are a key component of blood coagulation).
- Children with aplastic anemia are especially susceptible to infection.
- Treatment for aplastic anemia may involve blood transfusions and bone marrow transplantation to replace malfunctioning cells with healthy ones.
- Common underlying disorders include leukemia, drug toxicity, or aplastic anemia, all of which lead to decreased or defective production of platelets in the bone marrow.Advertisement