Aphis sentence example
- An example of the latter is seen in the hop aphis FIG.
- The Chinese galls of commerce (Woo-pei-tsze) are stated to be produced by Aphis Chinensis, Bell, on Rhus semialata, Murr.
- Lichtenstein has established the fact that from the egg of the Aphis of Pistachio galls, Anopleura lentisci, is hatched an apterous insect (the gall-founder), which gives birth to young Aphides (emigrants), and that these, having acquired wings, fly to the roots of certain grasses (Bromus sterilis and Hordeum vulgare), and by budding underground give rise to several generations of apterous insects, whence finally comes a winged brood (the pupifera).
- The " woolly aphis," " American blight," or " larch blight " (Eriosoma laricis) often attacks the trees in close valleys, but rarely spreads much unless other unhealthy conditions are present.
- The aphis, or " green fly," must also be destroyed; tobacco may be used.Advertisement
- The following brief summary of what takes place in the plant-louse of the rose (Aphis rosae), may be regarded as typical of the family, though exceptions occur in other species.
- Thus the apple blight (Aphis mali) after producing many generations of apterous females on its typical food-plant gives rise to winged forms which fly away and settle upon grass or corn-stalks.
- Its life-history is somewhat similar to that of Aphis rosae summarized above.
- The USDA APHIS reviews indicate that promoters such as figwort mosaic virus or rice actin are often employed.
- It's one of the few manufacturers that is APHIS (Agricultural Plant Health Inspection Service) certified.Advertisement
- Timberwolf holds an APHIS Category III level certification.