Aphid sentence example
- You may need to use row covers to keep beetles from laying eggs on squash plants, for example, or use an insecticidal soap to remove aphid infestations.
- Aphid infestations can be sprayed off with a strong blast of water from the hose.
- Attract and protect aphid predators such as ladybugs, lacewings, assassin bugs, praying mantis, adult wasps, spiders and chickadees.
- By controlling ants you may also find that the aphid problem is reduced.
- A natural fungus that grows on and kills Russian wheat aphid is winding its way toward commercial application.Advertisement
- Thus, in the event of climate warming we would expect all three species to make considerably earlier appearance, particularly the peach-potato aphid.
- Fieldwork is carried out at Radnor Forest in Wales, where Forestry Commission research into the green spruce aphid is already established.
- Figure 4: The giant willow aphid is also found in the USA.
- Aphids were also a problem in early salad crops especially black bean, peach potato and lettuce currant aphid.
- It is difficult to get lacewings to reproduce in the area applied so repeat applications maybe required if fresh greenfly or aphid populations appear.Advertisement
- The sticky honeydew excreted by the aphid makes hedge trimming a messy task.
- Adults are often attracted by the presence of aphid honeydew.
- This is partly because of the presence of Cornish hedges and hedge bottoms which provide a habitat for natural aphid predators such as ladybirds.
- Until now, BYDV control has involved breaking the " green bridge " and reducing aphid populations in autumn with well-timed insecticide sprays.
- Every year, in the first really hot spell, the black bean aphid starts its regular invasion of the broad bean plants.Advertisement
- The number of larvae needed to treat an aphid infestation will vary on the number of aphid infestation will vary on the number of aphids present.
- So give him to someone else who's having aphid problems.
- An American Aphid of the genus Pemphigus produces black, ragged, leathery and cut-shaped excrescences on the young branches of the hickory.