Apheresis sentence example
- Standardization of protocols for therapeutic apheresis has already begun.
- Now, 40% of adult therapeutic doses (ATD) of platelets collected by the NBS are collected by apheresis.
- Platelets, apheresis means a concentrated suspension of blood platelets obtained by apheresis.
- The apheresis team then liaises, plans and performs the required apheresis procedures to ensure a seamless service.
- A national register for hazards of donor apheresis is being maintained for statistical purposes by the Central Collator.Advertisement
- In addition the following criteria should be observed for apheresis donors: first-time donors should be aged 18-60 years.
- This problem has been particularly apparent in small children receiving apheresis platelet concentrates, which contain large volumes of plasma from single donors.
- For the collection of double units of red cells by apheresis, special considerations apply.
- Plasma, fresh-frozen means the supernatant plasma separated from a whole blood donation or plasma collected by apheresis, frozen and stored.