Aortic valve sentence example
- Enlargement of the aorta can cause disturbance in the function of the aorta valve (leaky aortic valve ).
- Her cardiac history included a myocardial infarct 5 years previously, mixed aortic valve disease, hypertension and rheumatic fever in childhood.
- We have placed these in three categories; coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG ), aortic valve replacement (AVR) and other.
- The coronary arteries come out of the aorta just after the last heart valve (the aortic valve ).
- We have placed these in three categories; coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), aortic valve replacement (AVR) and other.Advertisement
- An aortic aneurysm is an abnormal bulging of part of the aorta that may cause blood to leak through the aortic valve and flow the wrong direction.
- The most common surgical treatment involves replacing the child's aortic valve and several inches of the aorta itself with a composite graft, which is a prosthetic heart valve sewn into one end of a Dacron tube.
- About 85 percent of all children and adults with COA have a double aortic valve (bicuspid aortic valve) in the heart.
- The most common obstruction defects are pulmonary valve stenosis, aortic valve stenosis, and coarctation of the aorta.
- In aortic stenosis, the improperly formed aortic valve is narrowed.Advertisement
- Bicuspid aortic valve and subaortic stenosis are less common obstruction defects.
- A bicuspid aortic valve has only two flaps instead of three, which can lead to stenosis in adulthood.
- Subaortic stenosis is a narrowing of the left ventricle below the aortic valve that limits the flow of blood from the left ventricle.
- Defects such as coarctation of the aorta and aortic valve stenosis have the greatest risk of occurring in the child's offspring.
- A catheter is passed through the needle across the fetus's aortic valve.Advertisement
- The bicuspid aortic valve is usually present.