Aorist sentence example
- The first aorist in Greek being a " weak " tense, i.e.
- The grammar of the Stoics, gradually elaborated by Zeno, Cleanthes and Chrysippus, supplied a terminology which, in words such as " genitive," " accusative " and " aorist," has become a permanent part of the grammarian's vocabulary; and the study of this grammar found its earliest home in Pergamum.
- Thus we find in Homer, but not in the later language (a) The second aorist middle without the " thematic " E or as g - was struck; Ec/Oc-ro, perished; aA-To, leaped.
- It will be evident that under this rule the perfect and first aorist subjunctive should always take a short vowel; and this accordingly is the case, with very few exceptions.
- After the aorist infinitive clause " Before Abraham was ", properly the perfect clause and tense should follow but does not.Advertisement
- Among the peculiar grammatical features of Berber may be mentioned two numbers (no dual), two genders and six cases, and verbs with one, two, three and four radicals, and imperative and aorist tense only.
- If the verb is aorist the answer is do for all verbs.
- The so-called " simple perfect " (perfectul simplu) has often the force of an aorist.