Antivenin sentence example
- Fortunately, the effects of some snake bites can be counteracted with antivenin.
- The antidote for severe widow spider bites is a substance called antivenin, which contains antibodies taken from the blood serum of horses injected with spider venom.
- An antivenin for brown spider bites exists as well, but it is not readily available in the United States.
- Minor rattlesnake envenomations can be successfully treated without antivenin, as can copperhead and watermoccasin bites.
- However, coral snake envenomations and the more dangerous rattlesnake envenomations require antivenin, sometimes in large amounts.Advertisement