Antisocial-personality-disorder sentence example
- Adolescents with CD tend to have better relationships with their peers and are less likely to develop antisocial personality disorder in adulthood than those with childhood-onset CD.
- Kleptomania is diagnosed when repetitive stealing is not better explained by anger or vengeance, peer pressure, delusions or hallucinations, conduct disorder, a manic episode, or antisocial personality disorder.
- The risk of having avoidant, dependent, and paranoid personality disorders is greater for females than males, whereas risk of having antisocial personality disorder is greater for males than females.
- Later in life, ODD can develop into passive-aggressive personality disorder or antisocial personality disorder.
- A minority of children with conduct disorder whose behavior does not improve as they mature will go on to develop adult antisocial personality disorder.Advertisement
- Although antisocial personality disorder is only diagnosed in people over age 18, the symptoms are similar to those of conduct disorder, and the criteria for diagnosis include the onset of conduct disorder before the age of 15.
- According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR), people with antisocial personality disorder demonstrate a pattern of antisocial behavior since age 15.
- An adult diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder will demonstrate few of his or her own feelings beyond contempt for others.
- Authorities have linked antisocial personality disorder with abuse, either physical or sexual, during childhood, neurological disorders (which are often undiagnosed), and low IQ.
- Those with a parent with an antisocial personality disorder or substance abuse problem are more likely to develop the disorder.Advertisement
- For those adolescents who have both AD/HD and a conduct disorder, up to 25 percent go on to develop antisocial personality disorder and the criminal behavior, substance abuse, and high rate of suicide attempts that are symptomatic of it.