Antis sentence example
- They are said to be akin to their neighbours the Antis.
- For his work in connexion with gunpowder, the invention of which has been claimed for him on the ground of a passage in his De mirabili potestate antis et naturae, see Gunpowder.
- This structure, which was in the form of a small Doric temple in antis, appears to have suffered from the building above it having been shaken down by an earthquake.
- They consisted of a gate faced on the outside with a projecting portico of four columns, on the inside with two columns in antis.
- In these days of political correctness the actions of a few irresponsible anglers can give the antis more ammunition.Advertisement
- The temple is a Doric peripteral hexastyle in antis, with 13 columns at the sides; its length is 104 ft., its breadth 452 ft., its height, to the top of the pediment, 33 ft.
- It was in the form of a small Doric temple in antis, and had its entrance on the east.
- The same general character - that of a Doric temple in antis, facing south - is traceable in all the treasure-houses.