Antiretroviral sentence example
- The authors evaluated 38 patients receiving standard nevirapine dose as part of their antiretroviral regimen.
- Across Scotland, 1388 (71 %) cases attending for viral load monitoring are receiving antiretroviral therapy.
- African Americans with HIV infection are less likely to be on antiretroviral therapy, less likely to receive prophylaxis for Pneumocystis pneumonia, and less likely to be receiving protease inhibitors than other persons with HIV.
- The newly exposed person must begin four weeks of treatment with antiretroviral drugs, which usually prevents the virus from taking hold, according to the CDC.
- Antiretroviral drugs-Several classes of drugs that are used to treat HIV.Advertisement
- Antiretroviral drugs should not be discontinued unless there is an alternative antiretroviral regimen to adopt.
- Antiretroviral drugs are routinely given in combinations of three to four drugs at a time.
- Some antiviral drugs, particularly the antiretroviral agents, have potentially severe adverse effects.
- In the absence of antiretroviral therapy, the median time from HIV infection to the development of AIDS-related symptoms has been approximately 10 to 12 years.
- This approach is known formally as short-cycle structured intermittent antiretroviral therapy (SIT) or colloquially as the "7-7" approach.Advertisement
- This regimen uses half as much antiretroviral medication so not only are drug costs reduced but drug-related toxicities may be less in the long run.
- The antiretroviral drugs have numerous side effects that make eating an adequate diet difficult and the disease itself affects nutritional intake.
- The risk of HIV transmission from a pregnant woman to her baby can be significantly reduced with the use of antiretroviral drugs taken during pregnancy, labor, and delivery and administered to the baby for the first six weeks of life.
- People with HIV/AIDS are living longer than in the past because of the antiretroviral drugs that became available in the mid-1990s.
- It also continues to duplicate in the gut mucosa, making antiretroviral therapy for immune function less effective.Advertisement