Antipyretics sentence example
- Salicylates are the next safest to quinine of all antipyretics, whilst being much more powerful in all febrile states except malaria.
- Amongst other antipyretics, the most important are quinine, phenacetin and antifebrin.
- The action of quinine on the temperature is important, for it is the safest of all known antipyretics.
- The circulation in the brain may be lessened by warmth to the feet, cold to the head, warm food in the stomach, warm poultices or compresses to the abdomen, antipyretics, which reduce the temperature and consequently slow the beats of the heart in fever, and cardiac or vascular tonics, which slow the heart and tend to restore tone to the blood-vessels, so that the circulation in the brain may be more efficiently regulated.
- Parents or caregivers may be instructed to take certain measures at home to reduce the child's fever, such as administering fever-reducing drugs (called antipyretics) such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil).Advertisement
- Antipyretics may be suggested to lower a fever and make the child more comfortable but will not affect the course of an underlying infectious disease.
- Parents may be directed to administer over-the-counter antipyretics at the first sign of fever.
- Drugs to lower fever (antipyretics) can be given if a person (particularly a child) is uncomfortable.