Antipathetic sentence example
- It is not merely that he was ambitious, cruel, revengeful and avaricious, for these vices have existed in men far less antipathetic than Guicciardini.
- But, from the start the pair were mutually antipathetic: she a termagant, he a bully.
- There had always been this something that was utterly antipathetic in what he advocated as the ways of the world.
- But they were essentially antipathetic persons; and it is clear that the great minister and complete Briton took no pains to understand the dazzling young Jew of whom Lyndhurst thought so much, and wished to have little to do with him.
- Finally, the system of commercial companies, antipathetic to the French bourgeoisie, was for the first time practised on a grand scale; but Sully never understood that movement of colonial expansion, begun by Henry II.Advertisement