Antihypertensive sentence example
- Although tizanidine is related to the centrally acting antihypertensive clonidine, it has a relatively low incidence of systemic hypotension.
- Review: low-dose diuretics are the best first-line antihypertensive therapy.
- In both cases antihypertensive medication is recommended regardless of CVD risk.
- Catapres may be added to an existing antihypertensive regimen where blood pressure control has not been satisfactorily achieved.
- Other medications include Digoxin, which strengthens the contraction of the heart, slows the heartbeat, and removes fluid from tissues, and antihypertensive medications that treat high blood pressure.Advertisement
- Depending on the results of diagnostic tests, childhood hypertension is generally treated with lifestyle changes, including diet and exercise, before antihypertensive medication is prescribed.
- Therapy with a combination of lifestyle changes and sometimes antihypertensive medicines usually can manage blood pressure.
- Clonidine (Catapres), an antihypertensive medication, has also been used to control aggression and hyperactivity in some AD/HD children, although it should not be used in combination with Ritalin.