Annalist sentence example
- Lastly, the annalist is a partisan.
- Besides, his style is that of the driest annalist.
- He is always worth comparing with the extant English Chronicles; and from 1106 he is an independent annalist, dry but accurate.
- Otto was also related to the great house of Hohenstaufen, a relationship which gave him access to sources of information usually withheld from the ordinary monastic annalist, and his work is very valuable for the earlier part of the career of Frederick I.
- He is also supposed to be the author of the Skiby Chronicle,' in which he does not confine himself to the duties of a mere annalist, but records his personal opinion of people and events.Advertisement
- Athanagild himself is chiefly remembered for the tragic fortunes of his daughters Brunechildis and Gavleswintha, who married two Frankish brother kings, Sigebert and Chilperic. Athanagild died ("peacefully," as the annalist remarks) in 547.
- The Roman annalist had not, like the Greek, to deal with the varying fortunes and separate doings of a number of petty communities, but with the continuous life of a single city.
- One annalist after another quietly adopted the established tradition, as it had been left by his predecessors, without any serious alterations of its main outlines.
- No better proof of this can be given than a comparison of the annalist's version of history with that of Polybius.
- His acceptance in any particular case of the version given by an annalist by no means implies that he has by careful inquiry satisfied himself of its truth.Advertisement
- Though an annalist, Diceto is careless in his chronology; and the documents which he incorporates, while often important, are selected on no principle.
- Chastellain was no mere annalist, but proposed to fuse and shape his vast material to his own conclusions, in accordance with his political experience.
- In the first case the annalist suppose§ the year to begin with Christmas, and accordingly reckons the 25th of December and all the following days of that month to belong to 801, whereas in the common reckoning they would be referred to the year Soo.