Aniseed sentence example
- A tasty aniseed flavored herb for salads, cheese and egg dishes.
- The country around is flat and fertile, producing much wine, dates, oranges, oil, saffron and aniseed.
- Dogs like aniseed, so you could include some aniseed in a dog cushion.
- You can use the star aniseed and cinnamon stick to decorate the cake if you like.
- Personally, I like these cakes highly spiced and use at least 1 dessertspoon aniseed and 1-2 tablespoons cumin.Advertisement
- Her aniseed balls were 40 for 1d., 12 hard toffees or 20 soft toffees for Id.
- An artificial aroma is sometimes given to tobaccos, especially for the " fillers " of cigars, by saucing or treating the leaves with a solution containing an infusion of fine quality tobacco stems, rum, sour wine and various flavouring materials such as oil of aniseed, tincture of valerian, powdered cloves, cinnamon and liquorice.
- After the meal, diners nibble on Paan, a blend of cardamom, aniseed, sugar and grated coconut that has been wrapped in a lime basted betel pepper leaf.
- Among other important productions of the Ottoman Empire are sesame, coleseed, castor oil, flax, hemp, aniseed, mohair, saffron, olive oil, gums, scammony and liquorice.
- The grateful perfumed powder abir or rand y is composed either of rice, flour, mango bark or deodar wood, camphor and aniseed, or of sandalwood or wood aloes, and zerumbet, zedoary, rose flowers, camphor and civet.Advertisement
- Manzanares has manufactures of soap, bricks and pottery, and an active trade in wheat, wine, spirits, aniseed and saffron.
- All tithes have been abolished, except those on cereals, carobs, silk cocoons, and, in the form of to% ad valorem export duties, those on cotton, linseed, aniseed and raisins (all other export duties and a fishing tax have been abolished); (4) sheep, goat, and pig tax; (5) an excise on wine, spirits and tobacco; (6) import duties; (7) stamps, court fees, royalties, licenses, &c.; (8) salt monopoly.
- This phenomenon was minutely studied by Boyle, who found that solutions in some essential oils (oil of cloves) showed the same character, whilst in others (oils of mace and aniseed) there was no phosphorescence.